GST rate related changes
- GST rate for electric cars reduced from 12% to 5% as announced in the Uninon Budget to boost electric vehicles segment.
- GST rate on electric chargers and charging stations slashed from 18% to 5%
- Hiring of electric buses (carrying capacity of more than 12 passengers) by local authorities is exempt from GST
- The above new rates are applicable from August 01, 2019.
GST Law- Modifications
- Extension of last date for filing intimation to opt composition scheme as per notification 2/2019 – Central Tax (rate) dated March 07, 2019(for exclusive suppliers of services) will be extended from July 31, 2018 to September 30, 3019
- Extension of furnishing details of self-assessed tax by taxpayers under composition scheme for April to June quarter from July 31, 2019 to August 31st, 2019